Rules & Regulations
There are trails for all abilities, some for two wheel drive vehicles, while others require seriously modified vehicles.
Vehicle safety equipment is extremely important. Bring plenty of water, include sun protection, and layered clothing in case of changing weather circumstances that are always a possibility.
It is essential that participants stay on the designated routes, and that some basic rules are followed. Always check the trail width restrictions before you ride.
Be sure to read and agree to the following rules and regulations.
Meeker is proud to be an “OHV Friendly” community. Operation of OHVs are allowed within Meeker town limits and on designated County Roads. OHVs are not allowed on State Hwy 13 / Market Street.
· Use safe driving practices
· Riders are only allowed to cross State Highway 13 / Market Street
· All OHVs must be equipped with the following:
o At least one headlamp
o At least one red tail lamp
o Functioning braking system
o Spark arrester
o Current Colorado Parks and Wildlife registration sticker: https://cpw.state.co.us/buyapply/Pages/RegistrationsOHV.aspx
· Know the speed limits:
o 25 mph in Meeker, unless lesser speed limit designated by signage
o 35 mph on County Roads, unless lesser speed limit designated by signage
o 25 mph on un-posted County Roads
· OHV operators must have liability insurance coverage:
o $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident and $15,000 property damage
· Drivers in Meeker must have a valid Driver License
· On County Road, drivers over the age of 10 must be operating under the supervision of a person with a valid Driver License…Riders under 10 shall not operate an OHV.
· In Meeker, drivers can’t carry another person or ride in any position that may interfere with the operation of the OHV